Tuesday, September 7, 2010

L'Shanah Tovah to One and All


Earl came, delivered no more than some humidity and gusts of wind, and now is a memory.

Earl's passing to our east meant no clean-up (yippee!). Instead, I spent the holiday weekend cooking and baking for the upcoming Jewish New Year. Two gallons of chicken soup, one extra-large noodle kugel (a baked pudding), 3 extra-large fruit cobblers, a gallon of tzimmes (a traditional dish based on carrots or sweet potatoes or both), a brisket, and I'm still not done. DD#1 was supposed to bake for me but instead she broke a rib (persistent cough left over from a cold, if you want to know). She's on the mend, thank G-d, but I'm stuck with all the cooking and baking, plus animal tending. Not to mention I have a manuscript in production (meaning I have to play production editor for the journal so it can be published) and my VA merit grant application is due Thursday. Nothing like a little pressure, right?

I've still managed a bit of knitting. I made another kitchen towel (DH loves the first one; guess I'll be making more towels for a bit). This pattern is called the basket rib; yarn is Pisgah Yarn Peaches & Cream in Teal and Eggshell.
basket rib towel 1
And I made good progress on DD#1's new hoodie; Back is done and armhole for the left front is complete as well. Since she doesn't want sleeves (I think; must double-check with her), it could well be finished by Sukkot (except for the zipper, which I have to order).

Must leave until next week. To all my readers, l'shanah tovah tikoseivu. May you be inscribed for a good year.

2 comments:

Knitrageous said...

You have been busy! And I hope I'm doing this right--l'shanah tovah tikoseivu to you too!

Donna Lee said...

Happy and prosperous New Year to you and your family. Poor daughter. That's adding insult to injury.

I haven't had kugel since I was in college and a friend made me some. He was the same friend who swore milk came from a factory and i had to find a farm to make he understand that milk came from cows.