Monday, December 27, 2010

Blizzard!!

So the blizzard of December 2010 has come and gone.
With DH still recovering, it was up to DD#2 and me (mostly DD#2) to keep a path cleared for Rocky. She set an alarm for 3 am to dig- and could not open any door!
A pictorial story of what we found today when we awoke.





Our only hope, until the guy with the snowplow we hired comes:

Needless to say, DH did not make it to the surgeon's office this morning (bit of a concern, since his recovery is going a bit slower than it should). Intrepid DD#2 managed to squeeze out through the garage, where the snow wasn't piled as high. She dug a path and led Rocky out and back to the house.

On the knitting front, I finished the body of DH's Aran vest; it's blocking as I type. Also finished is one Twining Leaves Lace sock. Today is a good day to do the second one; wouldn't want a case of second sock syndrome now, would we? No indeed.

On a more personal- and sad- note, yesterday my brother told me that my mother is now in hospice care at home. I've been wrestling emotionally with my mother's decline for nearly 2 years now, but it doesn't get any easier. The daughters and I have plane tickets to see my family in LA in 3 weeks. I may go out there sooner. LA never seemed so far away as it does now.

4 comments:

Celia said...

Wow! Looks like no one is going anywhere!

Knitrageous said...

Very sorry to hear about your mom. I know how hard that is.

The snow is beautiful for sure! But I'm glad it's there and not here!! Stay warm and safe.

fleegle said...

Pretty, isn't it? Stay warm!!

Donna Lee said...

I was going to say how nice to be going to LA and then I read why you were going. I'm sorry to hear about your mother.

We had to dig out too. It was way too cold to enjoy it.

I'll keep you in my thoughts.