Monday, February 20, 2012

Prophecy?

I caved.

After years of hearing how great this stuff is compared to the 2 main brands of Shetland jumper-weight yarn, I finally ordered some Hebridean jumper-weight yarn from Virtual Yarns, to see what the hoopla is all about. I picked a neutral color, in order to make this for DD and DSiL, when the time comes:


From Vogue Knitting, Winter 1991-1992.

Yarn came Saturday. Is it gorgeous? You tell me. I wish you could feel it through the monitor. It's much softer than Shetland.

My intention was to cast on when I finished Aeolian (I'm about half-way done, but have not been photographing along the way).

Earlier today DD called me in near-hysteria. Can you guess why? She's expecting! Well, I'll be finishing that Aeolian and casting on for the EZ and Meg Swansen baby blanket right soon then.

5 comments:

Donna Lee said...

It looks soft but the color caught my eye. It's such a beautiful mix of shades.

And Congratulations! Is this your first grandchild?

kristieinbc said...

I went to that site and looked at their yarn. The colours are amazing! Congrats on the upcoming grandchild! I am sure your knitting needles will be working overtime now!

Henya said...

Yummy yarn!
I hope your daughter has an easy pregnancy.

fleegle said...

Lovely stuff! How many colors does it come in? I need to go look!

Experimental Knitter said...

Just returned from visiting Los Angeles and saw your comment, Fleegle. It comes in a lot of colors. Not as many as the Shetland wools by J&S or Jamieson, but enough to create many gorgeous things.