Sunday, January 28, 2007

My Enchanted Forest Aran Sweater




In preparation for the EFA KAL that begins Valentine's Day (more info at The Enchanted Aran Knitalong), I'm posting my pics of the EFA I made over 10 years ago, when the pattern first was published in Vogue Knitting (Fall 1992). It's made of Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride worsted (80% wool, 20% mohair), and the color is Sandy Heather. I used about 8 skeins (~ about 1600 yds) to make the larger size). It measures 27" longs, the sleeves are too long so I add elastic to the ribbing to hold the cuffs in place. It was a fun knit and looks much harder than it really is. Took me about a month to complete. Buttons are some kind of mother of pearl I found at the Rag Shop.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice job! Curious about the "larger" size. If I remember correctly, my pattern only has one size. What is the circumference of the small vs large?

Thanks!

Gerrie

Experimental Knitter said...

Hi there Gerrie,
Thank you.
Goes to show how long it's been since I looked at the pattern! You are correct: One body size but sleeves are 3 sizes. I made the smallest size sleeves and they are still voluminous.