Sunday, March 11, 2007

Surprise Tangerine Socks and EFA Tension

Socks are really beginning to move fast for me. Here's as far as I got on Friday in 1 hour, with casting-on, doing the cuff, and completing 1 pattern repeat.
And here's as far as I got while watching "Hollywoodland" last night. The leg is done and I'm ready to start the heel. These are the Pretty Comfy Socks and the yarn is 100% superwash merino wool Filatura di Crosa 501, color Papaya (looked coral, not tangerine, that's the surprise I had when the yarn came). The pattern has short-row heels, but think I'll do a different one that fits me better. Maybe will do short-row toes, since I like the fit of those. We'll see.


As for EFA, I started the back but I think I shall have to frog part of it. For certain, I'll be frogging because of this part:
That's what I get for knitting while watching a tense episode of "Law and Order." I'm afraid to knit the whole back and hope that blocking will S-T-R-E-T-C-H it out. Nope, better to frog now and avoid tears, regrets, and curses later.

No comments: