Friday, June 11, 2010

Last Night at the LYS


So last night I went to my LYS to hang out. They have a Thursday night knitting circle for folks just to drop by; coffee, tea, and cookies served on the house. Brought long the Hugs and Kisses scarf, being it's the most "mindless" project I have OTN right now. This was my first time joining a knitting group at a LYS and I have to say it was great fun. Just hanging out with knitters/crocheters/crafty folk was a blast. Got to see everyone's projects (lots of multicolored hats in progress), watch a sock nearing completion, and help a new knitter who works for my bank. My lace scarf garnered some praise too. Of course some yarn followed me home: 3 skeins of Jamieson & Smith jumper weight in the most divine terra cotta color (at $2 a skein, who could resist?), and a pair of 40" Addi Naturas, half-price mind, in size 10.75. You never know when some bulky mohair falls into your lap; it pays to be prepared I say.

No comments: