Monday, January 4, 2010

Lost and Found Department, II

So as the frigid weather continues, I find myself rummaging deeper and deeper in the cedar closet. As I rummage, I come across more lost FOs from years past.

First, this wool-blend sweater from a McCall's pattern I made for my father. Turns out it's too warm to wear in LA, where the rest of my family live, so it came back to us in the Northeast to use. I'll wear it, believe me!
Dad's grey sweater
If anyone recognizes the MCall's pattern from the late 1980's or early 1990's, please let me know? Thanks.

Next, a waistcoat for DD#1 knit of Harrisville Designs Orchid Line, a silk/mohair/wool blend that is so soft:
Rachel's navy vest
She is packing to move to her home, so this will be joining her. Such a fine, soft yarn! Pattern is from Classic Elite booklet #820.

Last, this vest made for myself, modified from a Rowan Magpie Aran brochure (#553) into a vest and made of Magpie:
old rose Magpie vest
I'm wearing it today. It looks quite sharp with a grey turtleneck and slacks.

Rugged marches on; the front is more than a third done:
rugged vest front start

And I started a new "mindless" project after the Tahiti scarf, the kind of project that doesn't need much mind-power for knitting to churn on.
blue Sera start
The yarn is Filatura di Crosa Sera; the pattern is from Rowan Classic Colour of Summer #25, by Martin Storey, and the pattern is the cover sweater. The yarn used is a DK-weight, which Sera matches. I like the hour-glass shaping in the pattern, and the subtle shaping of the neckline. I changed from 3x3 ribbing to 1x1 ribbing, and used a cable cast-on, purling in back of sts for the first row to create a picot effect. The simplicity will really show off the yarn, and this will be a dressy warm top. Which is quite needed!

No comments: